Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Quarter 3 Math

Activity

The piece I chose to reflect on for this quarter is our Chapter 7 test. I did o.k on this test. I could have done better if I would hav taken my time. I could have avoided most of my careless error if I would have been more thorough in my checking. I knew how to work out the problems I just made a few careless errors.

Purpose

The purpose of this test was to test our knowledge of this unit. I did pretty good on this test, but i could have done better. I really studied for this test. The test was over precentages and decimals and things in the catagory. There were some things in this chapter I had difficulties understanding. But that just means that i had to study it even more. I think my studing paid off.

Learned

I learned a lot about percentages and how to calculate taxes and discounts. I had a hard time with discount and percentage the most. I also learned about porportions and how to solve them. I knew most of the the things in this lesson but I just needed some help on sum things. So overall I took a lot out if this chapter.

Learned More/Differently

I could have learned more/differently if we would have done some projects or somthing beside homework and quizes. Something more hands on would have been very beneficial. Since I learn better by working with my hands, I grasp the concept of thing better, I would have enjoyed something like a project. We haven't any kind of project in math all year. I think it would have been kind of fun to do one.

Goals

This does no relative to my goals this quarter.

No comments: